Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Did the ENDYN mod even do anything?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...wouldn't it make sense to start the radius on the other side... it would be just plain stupid not to... speaking of "fluids"

    11psi's story is the "fly" in the Endyn "ointment" if you ask me... doesn't look good to screw around whom seems to be a nice guy...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC, 320cc injectors, JR relay removed, B&M CommandFlo
    regulator, Fuel bypass mod, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to
    .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Clutch
    Specialties "chatter clutch", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR
    springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at
    present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho
    Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel
    pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
    Actually I have an Endyn modified JRSC running at 10psi. I will be doing a side by side dyno run with another SI running a unmodified JRSC at 10psi both with HonData units.

    This should once and for all put to rest the controversy and I sure as hell hope I did not blow $1500!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    How is this progressing?



    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 9 PSI, ENDYN stepper pully, Cartech 20005, Vortech fuel modifier, RC 310's, AEM fuel rail, Hotshot 3" short ram intake and homemade CAI

  3. #23
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    Jason has had some idle problems with the HonData and Doug has sent a fix. I am waiting to install mine until he has his issues ironed out since they are almost identicle in setup but his is not a daily driver where mine is.

    Once he gets up and running I will immediatly installing mine and off to the dyno. We are trying to find a dyno as the mobile dyno we were going to use needs to have more cars to make it worth his time to come up. We might go to Maryland to do this or I might pull out my flat bed load up the cars and take a trip to Tom Payne. The one and only dyno I know of in CT is pretty much useless since they did not have an idea what tip-in detonation is.

    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I lowered boost to 11psi again (from 15psi), and added the PMS w/datalogging and 440cc injectors.

    Best we could get from the car was 222hp and 170 ftlbs. This is 6hp and 15ftlbs of torque LESS than before my motor blew. A fully rebuilt ENDYN motor and JRSC and $10k or so poorer, and I have less power??? How would that make you feel?

    I know some of you are probably tired of hearing about it... I just don't want anybody else to go through what I did.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm just disappointed that Larry left you in the cold. He can't expect people to know what he does if in fact the system can produce the numbers. We may be experiencing the ravings of an old man who can't give up what he once had. Great guy with interesting stories but his business has been either stella (on the cheaper products made by others) or horrid (for the more expensive products he modifies).

    He has yet to prove anything, not that he needs to, but I also think he has nothing to brag or talk about until he can produce. He's screwed people over with the larger projects and has yet to show at a drag event with a car that he did and produce numbers.


    ------------------
    Silvino

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
    Jason has had some idle problems with the HonData and Doug has sent a fix. I am waiting to install mine until he has his issues ironed out since they are almost identicle in setup but his is not a daily driver where mine is.

    Once he gets up and running I will immediatly installing mine and off to the dyno. We are trying to find a dyno as the mobile dyno we were going to use needs to have more cars to make it worth his time to come up. We might go to Maryland to do this or I might pull out my flat bed load up the cars and take a trip to Tom Payne. The one and only dyno I know of in CT is pretty much useless since they did not have an idea what tip-in detonation is.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Cool. But even before the Dyno I'd like to see the intake air temp differential from the datalogs! Good luck.

    11PSI: Sorry you're still not making the power you expected. I think your experience has helped to enlighten some of us though if it makes you feel any better.

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 9 PSI, ENDYN stepper pully, Cartech 20005, Vortech fuel modifier, RC 310's, AEM fuel rail, Hotshot 3" short ram intake and homemade CAI

  7. #27
    Inactive Member SSBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 1999
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is anybody going to take T.O.O. to court for selling crap that does not work?

    ------------------
    92 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
    00 Acura 3.2 TL
    02 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Racing Edition

  8. #28
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why would anyone take him to court??? You don't see Ford in court do you?


    biggrin ...had to do it

    ------------------
    Boost. Finally.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but seriously...if you look at how he words his shit, he doesnt promise anything. i am sure he's been down this road many times before. good luck.

    ------------------
    Boost. Finally.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Boyd B's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2001
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i did not feel like paying $1500 for the mod so i did it my self,it is a pain in the ass though it takes awhile with a dremel tool and $$ for the bits.

    ------------------

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •